Cochrane Oral Health Review Group comprises an international network of healthcare professionals, researchers and consumers preparing, maintaining, and disseminating systematic reviews of randomised controlled trials in oral health. Oral health is broadly conceived to include the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of oral, dental and craniofacial diseases and disorders.
Click here to read our Newcomer's Guide to Cochrane OHG.
Cochrane Oral Health Group is one of 53 review groups around the world belonging to Cochrane: an international non-profit and independent organisation, providing up-to-date information about the effects of health care.
The Cochrane OHG's reviews and protocols are published on the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR) on the Cochrane Library, a regularly updated collection of evidence-based healthcare databases available online.
In April 2015 (Issue 4), the Cochrane OHG published:
- Chlorhexidine treatment for the prevention of dental caries in children and adolescents
Walsh T, Oliveira-Neto JM, Moore D
- Full-mouth treatment modalities (within 24 hours) for chronic periodontitis in adults
Eberhard J, Jepsen S, Jervøe-Storm P-M, Needleman I, Worthington HV
In March 2015 (Issue 3), the Cochrane OHG published:
- Xylitol-containing products for preventing dental caries in children and adults
Riley P, Moore D, Ahmed F, Sharif MO, Worthington HV
> Follow the news coverage of this review's findings here.
- Interventions for the cessation of non-nutritive sucking habits in children
Borrie FRP, Bearn DR, Innes NPT, Iheozor-Ejiofor Z
In February 2015 (Issue 2), the Cochrane OHG published:
- Interventions for missing teeth: Removable prostheses for the edentulous mandible
Jahangiri L, Choi M, Moghadam M, Jawad S.
- Interventions for preventing oral mucositis in patients with cancer receiving treatment: oral cryotherapy
Riley P, Glenny A-M, Worthington HV, Littlewood A, Clarkson JE, McCabe MG.
- Interventions for preventing osteoradionecrosis of the jaws in people receiving head and neck radiotherapy
Duchnay M, Tenenbaum H, Wood R, Raziee HR, Shah PS, Azarpazhooh A.
The Cochrane OHG did not publish within Issue 1 of the Cochrane Library (January 2015).
To find out what has recently been published within the Cochrane Library, please click here.
The 2013 Impact Factor for the CDSR is 5.939, consequently, the CDSR is now ranked 10 of the 150 journals in the Medicine, General & Internal category, and 6 for number of citations.
Activities of the Group are co-ordinated by its Editorial Base, located within the School of Dentistry, The University of Manchester, United Kingdom.